Brow Sculpting - Tips and Advice
So you’re looking to get your brows done? Well, to make your experience just that little bit better with our comprehensive pre
Before Your Appointment
- Have at least three weeks worth of hair growth before getting your brows shaped, especially if you are seeing a new brow artist. The more growth they have to play with the better the results will be.
- Avoid applying any makeup to your brows before the appointment, this will allow for extra time focusing on the shape not removing makeup.
- Advise if you are on any skin medication and using AHA based skin care, as waxing may not be appropriate for your skin type. They’ll be able to book you in with a Brow Threading Specialist.
- Have reasonable expectations. Come prepared with examples of what you’d like to achieve but even Brisbane's best brow specialists aren’t miracle works. They will clearly explain what they can achieve with the existing brow to best suit your face shape.
After Your Appointment
- Don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions throughout the treatment, there’s no point to staying quiet only to be disappointed with the end result.
- If you get home and you're not 100% happy, do not grab the tweezers and touch them up yourself. Get straight on the phone to organise to get back in ASAP. Overplucking is very easy, and any decent salon won’t want you walking around Brisbane not happy with your brows.
- Avoid exfoliating around the recently waxed area, as it is sensitive and more prone to irritation. Moisturise under and above the brow if you feel a slight irritation. If the irritation seems unusual, immediately contact your brow salon.
- Let your tint settle by avoiding getting them wet for at least 24 hours. This will support the longevity for the tint.
- If you forget how to apply your brow powder at home, watch the brow tutorial here. Brooklyn’s Brow Specialists recommend Booki Brow products for easy & effect brow shaping.
We can’t wait to see you in salon for your brows. As always if you have any questions on your beauty needs please call, text or email us, Brooklyn Beauty Bar.
Happy Brow Days. xoxo